Do You Even Rift?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
[Cleric] Healing Specs Image Guides 
Shadow Rubysoul Violet Saber

This thread will be formatted a bit differently than the others. In this thread I will describe to you when, how and why you would use each of the 4 cleric healing specs with guides attached to them.

First off I'll list the souls and when you would use them:

1. Sentinel - General healing. You can keep up about 10 other people, but only one at a time through cooldowns. This is the cleric's primary healing spec for warfronts.
2. Defiler - Pockethealing, keeping 3-4 people alive max or as 3rd healer in a warfront. Links are amazing.
3. Warden - AoE healing for CQ/Scion only. Your healing, outside of Wave and HE spam, can be described as "fluff" healing. Your personal survivability relies on other healers healing you (combine with defiler for great results) and you using your cooldowns wisely.
4. Purifier - This soul really becomes good once you hit 4pc warlord. Until then the actual healing part is very weak. The shields are always amazing and this is a great 3rd healer role.

These rules aren't hard, as in you could try to be a solo healer with a defiler if you'd like. Just expect a lot more deaths. In general you should be running sentinel if you are a cleric healer. The exceptions would be Scion and Conquest. In Scion you can try to soloheal as a warden if you'd like and in conquest if you are trying to soloheal you should be warden. Of course, if you're solohealing without even a bard/tact or a chloro you're going to have a bad time anyway.

Next up, since nobody wants to read word guides anyway I'll be providing infographics on the souls.

Sentinel
Defiler
Warden
Purifier

Edit: Fixed Defiler image.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/valnak

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:42 pm

You should mention that Defiler is extremely vulnerable to purges, since links and Grief Blight can be removed.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Muspel wrote:
You should mention that Defiler is extremely vulnerable to purges, since links and Grief Blight can be removed.

Grief Blight can be removed, however links are off global cooldown and can be instantly reapplied.

The only things that you lose by being spam purged is Grief Blight, Chimera's Gift, Feast of the Fallen and Sign of Wrath. Grief Blight and Chimera's are pretty nice, but losing them doesn't ruin the spec like purging Sentinel does.

With the addon I posted in the guide it's really easy to tell if your links are being purged and it will even have their name on it so you can relink instantly.

If it weren't so easy to notice links being purged it would be a big deal though.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/valnak

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:09 pm
Disgruntled Paying Customer

Awesome infographics, man. I think they'll reach people more effectively than text guides, because from what I've seen, the Rift demographic is one that prefers pictures to words.

Diablo 3 - Topology#1497

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:17 pm
DYER's Resident Smug Dick

Topology wrote:
the Rift demographic is one that prefers pictures to words.

Too bad the pictures are mostly comprised of words.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:37 pm
Honor Sunset Arcana Bane

I'd add healing flare to best spells list of senti. Without it, senti has very little in the ways of mobility.
With it, they have a small heal that can pro other small heals and give better chances of proccing HB.

Healing flare (with my gear set) will heal 1.2-2k per cast + blessing + MbtL + creeping, giving each cast a yield of over 3k, especially below 75%. With a proced HB, thats another 2.5-3k heal in 1 gcd.
Below 50%, add another 1.6k -3k with FR. Anything short of high FF + purging will not kill you.
If there is a time where HI, CI isnt to be used, but you still need the mobility, HF should be used (instead of SI). Not to mention the continual splash heal with minor mana cost.

Then we have WE. Putting it on a tank, spamming HF (especially when a runner is targeted) would cause WF to hit for 450 i think, and when HB proc, its a double hit of 450 + 500 and if you wanna waste a CD -> TTL -> CI for another 1k (although i find it more efficient not to use big heal JUST for WF).

The beauty of senti is that they can turn any heal into a big heal.
I know i wear out my flare button

How unfortunate that is actually isnt worth much to an actual puri.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:16 am

I've found this spec:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.jspa ... l4/pA90/rf

A much better warden spec. Healing breath and ttl - healing invocation gives warden some much needed burst healing. I also didn't see you mention using geyser for dangers of the deep.

Wed May 01, 2013 6:23 am
Stiletto Whitemist Maverick Katana

Just wanted to thank you for the Purifier guide. It's a really nice alternative to Sentinel, when there's plenty of Single Target healing going around, but that bit of extra shielding is useful. Really dig the cooldowns it has. They're pretty powerful when combined with Convenant! Just not quite as large a toolbox as Sent, but can't have it all.

Inquisitor, Sentinel, and Shaman when masochistic.

Sat May 25, 2013 7:20 pm

This is very helpful ive been wanting to give Def and shot. I left the game around 1.8 and just coming back to so many change, its nice to hear someone say that about warden other then me. I was fast to just dismiss Def well because ive used just about the same specs for pvp and pve since I started playing rift, if it works don't fix it. I was going to put some sent ,puri macros here but I don't wanna spam up your guides with a big post so i'll make a new one.tyz again gj.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:38 am

I would like to say that this guide turned me from schmo to pro... at least in the 50-59 bracket. I hated healing in warfronts because it scared me to have control over a player's fate because I didn't have the experience to do so. I made the sent/puri spec and jumped in with a "fuck it" attitude and have done pretty well since then. I'm itching to try defiler, but I top heals a lot on sent and am often the only healer. Trying to learn a new healing spec under those conditions seems precarious.

Thanks for the guides!

Necrophagist@Necropolis

Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:19 pm

Just got back to the game after quitting soon after reaching 50 and seeing the amount of pve needed.

What kind of gear would you recommend for the various specs mentioned, specifically the sentinel one (which i'm rocking right now).

thanks for the help

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:23 pm

darkmoods wrote:
Just got back to the game after quitting soon after reaching 50 and seeing the amount of pve needed.

What kind of gear would you recommend for the various specs mentioned, specifically the sentinel one (which i'm rocking right now).

thanks for the help

Why hello there, sir. Have you ever played Warhammer, by chance?

Diablo 3 - Topology#1497

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:34 pm

haha Topo, how you been ? how's that 80 AM :P

yeah got real bored lately, so reinstalled WAR and Rift and gave both a shot. to my surprise, i enjoy rift alot more for casual gaming with the insta pop, non stop, any time of the day. when i do get a group in war and its zerg v 6, its alot of fun, but that's very rarely, and with GF aggro, happening not very often weekly.

where you been ? playing Rift ? we could take this to private PM, but it seems like they don't allow it for newcomers.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:49 pm

darkmoods wrote:
haha Topo, how you been ? how's that 80 AM :P

yeah got real bored lately, so reinstalled WAR and Rift and gave both a shot. to my surprise, i enjoy rift alot more for casual gaming with the insta pop, non stop, any time of the day. when i do get a group in war and its zerg v 6, its alot of fun, but that's very rarely, and with GF aggro, happening not very often weekly.

where you been ? playing Rift ? we could take this to private PM, but it seems like they don't allow it for newcomers.

Heh, haven't played my AM in a while. Mythic is apparently content to let it be, where it's easily the weakest healer in the game, and I've never been a fan of being beaten in heals by AoE spamming WPs. :/

I've just been playing Rift pretty much. Can't say I PvP much here though, as my healer of choice is (again) somewhat infuriating to play, albeit for different reasons. I basically just craft shit and farm mats all day here.

What level are you here? Also, you should probably get your IGN and server in your sig so people know who you are.

Diablo 3 - Topology#1497

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:24 pm

yeah i'll do that (the sig)

i think i'm on seastone, playing on Landaren right now (might change the name to mine soon if i decide to stick to it - sold my account while it was still worth something).

i'm 51, i have no clue what gear to get (got some pvp pieces on the store thingy), sure as hell not gonna pve to get most of the gear unless something amazing can't be aquired via pvp.

and i need mana tonics !

whats your healer ? cleric's been massive fun since pretty much every other healer you see on your team blows balls so you have to play for their slack.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Ah yeah, my healer's a Chloromancer Mage. Healing is a very different story at 60, as I'm sure you'll see in no time.

If you opt to change the name, it's cheaper to just move to a different server after making a placeholder with your current name. That way, the game forces you to rename your toon, and it doesn't cost you a dime.

I'd hook you up with mana pots, but we're on different servers. If you ever find yourself on Wolfsbane, look me up and I'll send you some.

Diablo 3 - Topology#1497

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:35 pm

about the new souls...do you have to buy the soul tree bundle from the store, or can you just purchase the expansion ? reason i ask is i can buy the expansion at a store for 15$.

is it worth getting ? will it unlock the souls ? i just want defiler.

ps : when is this thing gonna let me PM ppl here ?

Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:15 pm

I didn't know that Kyera had put a limit on PMing from new accounts, so I don't know when it'll come up.

As for buying the expansion to get the souls, I'm pretty sure the code from a Storm Legion box does the same thing as buying the souls from the Rift Store, so you should be OK there. Defiler is a pretty good soul, so I'd say it's worth it. If you ever plan on playing a Warrior, Tempest is essential for PvP, so it might be worth buying for that alone. Harb and Tac aren't gamebreaking for PvP, though.

Diablo 3 - Topology#1497

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:24 pm

hop in my other thread and help me with gear !

bought the SL expansion, we'll see tonight if that was a waste or not.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:54 pm

darkmoods wrote:
about the new souls...do you have to buy the soul tree bundle from the store, or can you just purchase the expansion ? reason i ask is i can buy the expansion at a store for 15$.

is it worth getting ? will it unlock the souls ? i just want defiler.

ps : when is this thing gonna let me PM ppl here ?

defiler is a good choice for a 2nd/3rd healer which synergise well with sentinels and chrolos. but if you're the only healer on your team you're better off as a sentinel, which is explained in detail in the pictorial guide above.

<The Cult> 海石头- Juliavins <- so hot
《比比我是个吉普车》 飞步来特 - Yondaimire
Former <epileptic wheelbarrows>, <CoLD>, <Server Police> wee woo wee woo, ,<Provocation>, <Wasted talent>, <Sky Legend>, <Mayhem->, <Dirty Girl Gardening>, <Tempest bay Steakhouse> , <Raw Pain>, <月 之 味 道>

Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:06 am

yeah i gathered as much. its rough while solo healing, but it's good practice :)

just started training with the build last night, it's obviously very powerful. as a prot monk in GW1, i love the proactive aspect of it.

thanks

Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:21 am

I just started playing this game recently and saw a difference in the Purifier soul in the posted link (the 61 point primarily) and in game.

So I was wondering:

[*] Is Sentinel is still the best healing spec for pvp.
[*] When to use Purifier? Or has nothing changed and still only good when a certain amount of healer threshold has been reached? (Flame of Life seems to be a lot better than Fullness of Life.)

Thx

Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:32 am
DYER's Resident Smug Dick

Obelix wrote:
When to use Purifier? Or has nothing changed and still only good when a certain amount of healer threshold has been reached? (Flame of Life seems to be a lot better than Fullness of Life.)

Purifier was completely reworked like...two months ago, I think.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:59 am

Purifier is apparently very good in 5v5.

it is a pretty static healer tho, so it really depends on what play style you prefere. i still think it is not as powerful as sent, but it been considerably improved since that guide's been written.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]